Hi, my name is Alecia and this is my space on the Internet. My writing home. I write because I'm much better at writing out what I think than saying it. In a lot of ways, writing has healed some very raw past hurts.
I'm a mom of two, Keeli and Jackson. I like to say they saved my life. Before them I did all the wrong things. I was pregnant and out of wedlock at the age of 21, married my boyfriend. Nearly divorced him a hundred times in the first few years, because MAN is marriage HARD!
I actually picked up or thought I had picked up a book on praying for your children (Stormie Omartian) but instead bought Power of a Praying Wife. I promptly decided to take the book back to the store! If anyone needed to pray it was HIM! But first, I started reading it. And kept reading. And before I knew God was changing ME!
My husband has a gypsy soul, as I like to say, because in the 15 years we've been married we've moved 9 times! I like to tease him we should have been military.
We are now happily in Auburn, AL and I hope we are here for a really long time...or at least until the kids graduate school.
Life isn't at all as I imagined, it's good, different, and hard.
Through my rough marriage and strong-willed first child God has been refining me in ways I never imagined. I am stronger in faith, more open to change, and more patient than I ever thought I would be.
I had to learn the hard way that God's ways really are better than my own.
I hate religion and cheap churchy advice. I want real and authentic, all the time. I want to live a life of radical love and grace and hope my words inspire others to do the same.
Some of my favorite posts have happened after I wrestled with God either out of my own sin and pride or hurt from some else's . Posts such as the Memory Stones and the In The Whisper, are my favorite and most read on the blog, they unfolded after digging into God's word.
I would hate for you to miss a post, won't you consider subscribing through email? I promise not to clutter up your inbox, maybe once-twice weekly.
Meet the Fam:
Join me on Facebook , Twitter , or Instagram! It's an easy way to stay connected! I treasure every comment and every new friend. You can also find me at the new God-sized Dreams website where I am a co-contributor writer and social media manager.
Thirteen Random Facts About Me:
1. I snore, but not all the time, only when I'm really tired or my sinuses are acting up
2. I'm short
3. I can't whisper to save my life!
4. I married young, 21, and had my daughter shortly after while still in college
5. I hate moving, but have moved 9 times in the 15 years I have been married.
6. I could eat french fries with every meal
7. I'm older than my husband by 5 months to the day, but it might as well be 5 years to hear him talk :)
8. I hate cold weather, love Spring and Fall
9. I want to live on the beach, hopefully retire there one day
10. I graduated with an MIS degree from Auburn University, War Eagle! Haven't used it one time, sorry mom and dad. But the degree looks pretty hangin' on my wall :).
11. Love college football-for about 2 weeks, then I'm ready for it to be over.
12. I'm an Introvert
13. I probably need to see someone about my love of chocolate :)
So c'mon join me on the journey to living differently for Christ, I bet we can learn a lot from each other :)
Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world-like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see. Don't hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for
Don't forget to download my FREE Mini Ebook on 10 Tips I Wish I Had Known When I Started Blogging!