Wednesday, May 27, 2015
The war on human trafficking is on. Christians are being enlightened and are joining forces to take on this modern day slavery that is stealing our kids.
You may be asking what can I do? You might be thinking, "I'm not a fighter, investigator, or even have a lot of money."
This is a question I have been asking myself too. What could I possibly do that could make a difference?
After doing some research I have found some very practical ways we can all be involved in this fight.
1. Write letters. We can write letters to investigators encouraging them. They see some very dark stuff. Stuff that probably messes with their heads, hearts, and spirits. The Exodus Road Coalition provides you a chance to write to their undercover operatives to encourage them to continue on in this battle. We all know encouragement fights weariness.
2. Google anti-trafficking efforts in your local city. I did this and had NO idea there was a local movement in my city. I followed their social media accounts and emailed asking how I can help. YOU can do this too!!
3. Contact your Senator-They need to know the issues that are close to the people's heart that they represent.
4. Pray. Our prayers are valuable. We can pray for our legislature to make laws that come down hard on traffickers. The victims. For the undercover agents that work hard to bust these criminals. We also need to pray for the criminals themselves and the men that buy these children-for their hearts and consciences to be pricked.
For them to turn from the darkness to light.
5. Donate-There are many options, so choose one you feel most comfortable with. Exodus Road-For $35/month you can help support undercover operations for their various investigative teams, Samaritan's Purse, and Preemptive Love Coalition are just a few suggestions.
Now is our time to stand up and and say No to human trafficking! I urge you to find some way to get involved.
Linking with: Soli Deo Gloria, Coffee For Your Heart, and #TellHisStory
at 3:00 AM
Monday, May 25, 2015
I used random.org to choose a winner, cause you know I could NEVER pick a winner on my own, lol!
Congratulations, Kristin Smith! I know you will love the journal as much as I do :)
Hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day.
And I just wanted to add a BIG THANK-YOU to all of our military. I am so thankful for the way you serve your country and appreciate ALL of the sacrifices you make each day.
Today we honor you.
at 10:14 AM
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Sex-trafficking is modern-day slavery. It's disgusting and more common than we know.
"According to the U.S. State Department, 600,000 to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year, of which 80% are female and half are children." (source)
I have children and the thought of them getting caught up in something like this makes my blood run cold. I read the stories of how easily it is to get trapped by a boyfriend whom you love and trust only to find out they seek to control you-body, mind, and soul.
There is no escape because they fear for their lives or for their family members lives.
The young and vulnerable make the greatest victims.
This makes me angry, very angry. Knowing there are people in this world that will use and abuse others. That willingly partake in stripping another human being of their humanity for their own monetary gain is sickening and the worse kind of evil in this world.
None of us are safe. The only thing we can do is educate ourselves and support those who decide to take action and do something about it.
So when Work of Worth contacted me about curating a collection to help them spread the word of their organization, of course I said yes!
I'm sure you are wondering,
Who is Work of Worth? Good Question!Work of Worth exists to sustainably employ entrepreneurs in dignity from poverty and the sex trade. Each purchase of their quality items helps to support men and women who desire a choice for freedom and dignity for their families
I hope you will take a moment to check them out-if you feel led, make a purchase- I plan too!
Visit my Worth of Worth Curated page to see each of my selections up close => Alecia's Curated Collection
Check out the Pinterest Page too! => Alecia's Work of Worth Pinterest Page
Below you will find a few things that I chose that jumped out at me when I scrolled through their site.
Do you see those cool earrings? Totally getting them (but they just sold out :( )
I love fresh smelling soap. Want it.
THAT necklace!! I like jewelry that is funky :)
And I can ALWAYS use one more journal...who doesn't??
Be a part of change. Support women at high risk of being #trafficked (Click to Tweet)
And now for something super fun...a GIVEAWAY!! I am going to give away the Birds on Line Journal you see above! Just leave me a comment letting me know which item is your favorite. I'll pick a winner on Monday. :)
Linking up with: SolideoGloria, #TellHisStory, and CoffeeForYourHeart
at 3:30 AM