Wednesday, May 27, 2015
What Can You Do? Some Ways You Can Get Involved In the Fight Against Human Trafficking
The war on human trafficking is on. Christians are being enlightened and are joining forces to take on this modern day slavery that is stealing our kids.
You may be asking what can I do? You might be thinking, "I'm not a fighter, investigator, or even have a lot of money."
This is a question I have been asking myself too. What could I possibly do that could make a difference?
After doing some research I have found some very practical ways we can all be involved in this fight.
1. Write letters. We can write letters to investigators encouraging them. They see some very dark stuff. Stuff that probably messes with their heads, hearts, and spirits. The Exodus Road Coalition provides you a chance to write to their undercover operatives to encourage them to continue on in this battle. We all know encouragement fights weariness.
2. Google anti-trafficking efforts in your local city. I did this and had NO idea there was a local movement in my city. I followed their social media accounts and emailed asking how I can help. YOU can do this too!!
3. Contact your Senator-They need to know the issues that are close to the people's heart that they represent.
4. Pray. Our prayers are valuable. We can pray for our legislature to make laws that come down hard on traffickers. The victims. For the undercover agents that work hard to bust these criminals. We also need to pray for the criminals themselves and the men that buy these children-for their hearts and consciences to be pricked.
For them to turn from the darkness to light.
5. Donate-There are many options, so choose one you feel most comfortable with. Exodus Road-For $35/month you can help support undercover operations for their various investigative teams, Samaritan's Purse, and Preemptive Love Coalition are just a few suggestions.
Now is our time to stand up and and say No to human trafficking! I urge you to find some way to get involved.
Linking with: Soli Deo Gloria, Coffee For Your Heart, and #TellHisStory
at 3:00 AM